Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thankfulness is a verb

True thankfulness is a verb; producing worshipful actions that represent the deepest level of respect and admiration for the LORD.   For me achieving the slightest degree of reverence and awe came when I realized the LORD God does not need me.  There is nothing I can offer in the flesh that could remotely improve the movements of God.  In fact my sin is what put Jesus Christ on the cross to be brutally murdered.  His blood does not demand vengeance for sin, but screams out grace and mercy.  God does not need me, He wants me.  God does not need you, He wants you.  Be thankful for this encounter with Jesus Christ and let it produce a righteous response called worship; in this we can truly express thanks.

Hebrews 12:28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe

God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving to all our American Friends and Family.  

#Thanksgiving #God #Jesus #Bible #Christian #worship #Grace #Mercy

No comments:

Post a Comment