Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July, in Jesus name!

Here in the good ole USA it is the Fourth of July, Independence Day!  The day we celebrate the Declaration in Independence.  This is the holiday that we Americans celebrate freedom!  A freedom that simply is not found in any other nation.  But not complete freedom. 

As a Christian, from a country founded on Christian freedom I see a new freedom arising.  I call it censored freedom.  As Christians we are losing our rights in America to express and live out openly the faith we have in Jesus Christ.  Sure we have the right to be Christians or any other faith we desire, but we are becoming more and more censored almost to the point that we can only be Christians in our homes and churches.  Faith lived outside the walls of our homes and churches is now considered harassment and religious intolerance. 

I am proud to be an American and living in the USA, but even more so I am proud to be a bible believing Jesus Christ following totally surrendered set free Christian. 

You see Jesus Christ didn't just set me free from some nation, like America was set free from Great Britain.  Jesus Christ set me free from the wages of my sin. He has set me free from the bondage to guilt and shame from my past.  He has set me free from my mistakes.  I am free from my own worse enemy, me.  I am free to live with Christ in me.  I am free from doubts and weaknesses.  I am free from addiction and depression. I am free from bitterness and brokenness.  By His stripes and victory over death I have been set free!

There is no greater freedom found in no other country than freedom from deaths reign that Jesus Christ the son of the living God has offered you and me.  Are looking for this kind of freedom?  If so, you can have it as well by accepting Jesus Christ as lord and savior in your life, by believing in His death and resurrection, and confessing Him as Lord over your life.  He is already standing at the door of your heart and knocking to come in.  Accept His invitation to come into your life and become not just a believer, but a follower of Jesus Christ today. 


Galatians 5:1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

Romans 10:9-10 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment