Saturday, August 10, 2013

Goliath's

When one  truly grasps and understands the power of the living God then one can put the battles of life in proper perspective.  Like David we all face Goliath's.  Some of our giants are physical, some mental, some emotional, some relational, some addictional, but all are spiritual.   Until you realize that this life is a spiritual battle and you must have the living God on your side then all you will do is live in fear, tremble at the threats, run away and eventually lose every battle.  

David knew that the battle between the Israelites and philistines was a spiritual battle.  He did not fear the giant sized mammoth warrior Goliath. David viewed Goliath as nothing more than an enemy of God compared to nothing more than a slaughtered bear and lion.  It was in David's confidence and faith that the battle was won before it ever started.

I have faced a lot of Goliath's in my life that the LORD has claimed victory over.  Addiction, depression, fear, anxiety, financial burdens, health issues, persecutions and on and on.  In 1 Samuel 17:36 David compared Goliath to being nothing more than the slaughtered bear and lion God had already delivered him from.  Like David I can say with confidence and faith that my tomorrow's Goliath is nothing more challenging or powerful than what has already been defeated.  

To my Goliath of tomorrow, you are nothing more than a defeated addiction, a defeated depression, a defeated burden, a defeated illness, a defeated enemy of the living God.  I will not fight any battle by my own flesh and blood, I will not attempt victory by my own power.  I will give it all to the LORD because in Him every battle has already been won!  

1 Samuel 17:47 all those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that The LORD saves; for the battle is the LORD's and he will give all of you into our hands.  

No comments:

Post a Comment