Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Face to Face

Even John recognized the importance of keeping relationships personal 2000 years ago.  People seriously need to heed his example.  

3 John 13-14  I have much to write you, but I do not want to do so with pen and ink.  14 I hope to see you soon, and we will talk face to face.

We live in a day where relationships have predominately become face to Facebook, talk to text, and seeing to selfies.  There is much to be said in making relationships personal.  

What are your favorite memories with friends and family?  Chances are it is not the digital connections, but rather the times when it was personal.  Personal times like camping or hiking trips, holiday get togethers and other gatherings that involved good talks, shared tears and lots of laughter.  

Can I encourage you to make your relationships more personal and less digital?  I have to say, John was right 2000+ years ago just as much as he is right today. 

The little boy in the picture is from Nicaragua.  I met him during a mission trip.  We laughed and goofed off,  great memories and a great example of making it personal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment