Friday, February 7, 2014

Sanctification is a perpetual process

Sanctification is a perpetual process.  I confess, God forgives and gives me what I need to be purified.  

When Christ is accepted as Lord and savior over your life, then you have accepted to be sanctified.  Accepting Jesus as lord is not simply acknowledging His existence, virgin birth, righteous life, undeserving crucifixion, or His resurrection.  Even the demons acknowledge these truths. Accepting the living God as Lord over your life is an act of handing your life over to Him to do His will and fulfill His purpose in and through you.  It is entering in to a covenant of sanctification.

Sanctification is the process in which God washes an cleanses our lives of sin and unrighteousness.  It is a process of making us more holy, more righteous, more pure, more blameless, less sinful, less foolish, less us and more like Him. 

Sanctification is a perpetual process.   I confess, God forgives and God gives me what I need to be purified and sanctified.  I must recognize, acknowledge, accept and agree what God defines as sin in my life.  Then I must tell Him that I recognize, acknowledge, accept and agree with Him concerning the sin in my life.  When I am real with God and come into agreement, confessing that sin, He forgives me.  After He forgives, He always gives us a way to purify our lives from that sin.  His provision always starts with repentance. He gives us conviction, perseverance, instruction, new direction, fresh starts, people to encourage, prayer warriors, new provisions, strength, and on and on.  

When we have conquered one sin we move in to the next, repeating the perpetual process of sanctification.  Confess, forgive, and purification.  Before you know it, you are no longer who you were but more and more His. 

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us out sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 



No comments:

Post a Comment