Monday, February 17, 2014

I need a miracle!

I Need a Miracle!

How many times have you asked God for a miracle just so you could have the proof He is real and cares? God knows what we really need to see and witness.  Are miracles real? Absolutely I have witnessed them myself firsthand.

Do the miracles we hope for save lives? I would have to say no.  At first you are probably saying I am wrong, miracles do save lives.  I say only for a little while.  Sure miracles had cured people of cancer an yes miracles have spared lives from tragic events.  I have seen it and witnessed it first hand.  But never ever have I witnessed or heard of a miracle that kept someone from ever dying later on in life.  Even Jesus Christ died.  

You say I need a miracle, perhaps you do.  If you get your miracle then what will you do?  Will your hope and faith be tied to a temporary stay of life because of a tangible material miracle? It will not last, life will still end in death.  

Do you need a miracle? Absolutely, but not a miracle confined to outward events or physical needs.  You need a miracle that occurs inwardly and spiritually.  You need a miracle that lasts eternally.  The miracle you need goes beyond the grave.  

Are other miracles a waste? Only if they produce no inward spiritual miracles will they be a waste to you personally.  I have seen physical miracles change the lives of witnesses not directly effected.  So miracles don't go to waste.  But your miracle is a waste to you if never produces the inward spiritual miracle  God desires.  

Jesus Christ speaks of this very thing when He spoke about the sign of Jonah.  Then of Nineveh were not saved because of Jonah and the three days in the belly of a whale miracle.  They were saved because God used that miracle to open the door of their hearts in order to see, feel, experience and receive the eternal spiritual miracle of salvation.  

My faith, my hope, my assurance, and my purpose are not grounded and contingent upon the miracles it even the answer to prayers I have blessed to see and receive.  It is all grounded upon the miracle of what Jesus Christ did and continues to do inside of me.  

May I challenge you to ask God for a miracle, a miracle that only you can see?  The same kind of miracle that happened inside of me.  What you need more than anything is not physical healing but spiritual.  

Matthew 12:39-42 Then some of the Pharisees and teachers of the law said to him, "Teacher, we want to see a miraculous sign from you."39 He answered, "A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a miraculous sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.41 The men of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and now one greater than Jonah is here.42 The Queen of the South will rise at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for she came from the ends of the earth to listen to Solomon's wisdom, and now one greater than Solomon is here.


#god #godsword #bible #bibleverse #scripture #christ #christian #christianity #jesus #jesuschrist #pray #faith #hope #answeredprayer #church #faith #miracle #eternallife #healing #maui #Hawaii #whale #humpbackwhale


No comments:

Post a Comment