Thursday, April 3, 2014

Jesus wants more than my feet

Jesus wants all of me not just part of me.  He doesn't want to just polish up certain parts of my life He wants to polish all of my life.  My Lord and Savior loves me so much that He cares about every aspect of my being.  He cares about my speech, my thoughts, my emotions, my attitude, my hurts, my weaknesses, my strengths.  Christ is genuinely concerned about the things I do, the places I go, who I help, who I care for, what I do with my time, do I take care of myself, do I care about others, picking me up when I fall, my sickness, am I in fellowship with other believers.  It matters to Him if I am modest, am I pure, am I faithful, am I growing,  He really does care about everything.

As I was reading the story of when Jesus washed His disciples feet his conversation with Peter spoke to me.  Peter didn't want Jesus to wash his feet.  I don't know if it was pride or humility that made Peter feel that way.  Could it have been pride because he didn't want to be embarrassed?  Was it humility because Peter knew Christ was greater than himself and he didn't deserve to have Jesus wash his feet.  I honestly do not know the answer.   Either way it really doesn't matter because Peter did not want Jesus to wash his feet.

When it comes to my relationship with Christ it doesn't matter if pride or humility gets in the way.  Either way I still hinder the fullness of what Christ wants to do in me and for me.  

Jesus responded to Peter by saying this; "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me."  Wow!  Just simply a humbling wow.  My reasons don't matter, whatever they are if they hinder what Christ desires for my life there is a part of me that will have nothing to do with the one who died for me.

I am pretty sure Peter was wow'd as well.  Immediately Peter wanted Jesus to wash all of him, no bars hold and no excuses.  I want to be like Peter, I want Jesus to wash all of me.

John 13:8-9  "No," said Peter, "you shall never wash my feet." Jesus answered, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me."9 "Then, Lord," Simon Peter replied, "not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!"



No comments:

Post a Comment