Tuesday, April 1, 2014

What are you wearing?

Have you ever heard the saying "it is written all over your face", or "you wear your emotions on your shoulders"? These sayings relate to how people appear because of what they are feeling or experiencing. More often than not people wear their emotions and feelings for others to see.

If you think about it, there is a great deal of truth behind these sayings.  Just watch people and you will see for yourself.  When something bad is going on you can see it.  Body language and affect appear distraught, depressed, or even hopeless.  When something exciting is happening, you can't help but notice.  Big smiles, joyful affects, and attitudes that are contagious.  Parents can relate best to what I am saying.  When your kids have done wrong, you can see it by how they appear and behave.  When your kids have done well, you can see it before they ever speak a word.

In the book of John we can read about Lazarus.  Lazarus was stinky dead laying in a tomb for four days.  Spiritually we are dead in sin and life stinks because of it.  Jesus did not see Lazarus for what he already was, he saw Lazarus for what he should be.  Because of that Jesus called Lazarus from the tomb of death and raised him back to life.  But check out what the last thing Jesus said concerning Lazarus.  "...Take off the grave clothes and let him go." (John 11:44). I love it, Lazarus was no longer dead and therefore his appearance would no longer portray death as well. 

When I came I Christ and accepted him as my LORD and savior, Jesus said to me "take off your grave clothes, you are no longer dead to sin."  Right after that he said; "clothe yourself in me, for now you live and for now on you will look like it."  My affect, my attitude, and my life are no longer clothed to appear dead, but very much alive.

Can I encourage you to change your spiritual clothes?

Galatians 3:27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

#god #godsword #jesus #jesuschrist #christ #christian #bible #bibleverse #scripture #salvation #church #faithful #faith #hope #love #gospel

No comments:

Post a Comment