Friday, May 16, 2014

Doom, Gloom, and Hope

It's so easy to see the doom and gloom in hardships.  When life gets rough and the storms seem to keep rolling in with no foreseeable relief, hope may seem all but lost.  

As I look back in the storms I have faced I remember countless times thinking Hope is lost.  Now I am at this point in life where I can look back.  Hindsight is always 20/20.  I can now see how God used the storms to direct my path, build my strengths and even developed my dependence on Him to bring me where I am today.  Today I can proclaim how blessed I was, am and will continue to be, because of the storms.

The book of Acts speaks of Paul's storms in life.  It talks about the persecutions, beatings, imprisonments, hurricanes, ship wreck, and poisonous snake bite.  The book of acts concludes with a surprising ending.  

Acts 28:30-31 For two whole years Paul stayed there in his own rented house and welcomed all who came to see him.31 Boldly and without hindrance he preached the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ.

Keep the faith, the storms will end. 

#god #godsword #jesus #jesuschrist #christ #christian #bible #bibleverse #scripture #salvation #trustinthelord #faith #hope #love #gospel #godsnotdead


No comments:

Post a Comment