Friday, May 9, 2014

The Insanity of God

I have been reading the book "the Insanity of God" as recommended by my pastor Stephen Martin.  It's hard for me to read for long periods of time.  I get distracted easily and lose focus often.   


But I must say wow!  I read half the book yesterday and just couldn't put it down.  Quite frankly I realized what a coward I am in proclaiming my faith compared to the men and women I have been reading about.  


As American Christians we are perfectly comfortable and even bold, but only when the circumstances are safe and permissible.  I have come to realize that a good measure of faith is what it takes to silence you in proclaiming truth.  


The men an women I have read about so far considered hate and violent persecution just as common as the rising of the sun.


the Insanity of God is a must read.  The author is Nik Ripken


No comments:

Post a Comment