Monday, June 23, 2014

Clothed with Christ

When I was little, I loved to pretend.  One of my favorites was superman!  I just thought it was so cool that he could fly.  When I wanted to be superman, I put on my cape, well a beach towel.  Then I was ready to fly!

Being superman meant I had to put on my costume to look the part.  When I looked the part I could be the part.  I could leap tall Lincoln log buildings in a single bound, I could smash through Lego walls with a single punch, and I could fly as far as gravity would allow me when I leaped off of beds, couches, dressers, rocks, and retaining walls.  I always captured and subdued the evil villains /  neighborhood dogs every time.  

I just remember, that there was always something empowering when I put my costume on.  It changed me and who I was and what I believed.  

There is a verse that all this reminds me of in the book of Romans.  It talks about clothing yourself with Christ.  The coolest thing of all is that when you clothe yourself with Christ, it doesn't have to be for pretend.  Clothing myself with Christ literally has transformed me into becoming what God desires me to be.  Clothing yourself with Christ means you empty yourself of you, you literally take off you.  Then you allow Christ to define and direct your very being.  In that you become what He desires you to be.

May I challenge you to clothe yourself with Christ?

Romans 13:14 Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.

The picture is our boys clothed in war paint, ready for battle at MFUGE Mega Relay


#God #Godsword #jesus #jesuschrist #christian #christianity #savior #bible #bibleverse #scripture #Godsnotdead #hope #faith 


No comments:

Post a Comment