Tuesday, June 3, 2014

hope so or know so hope?

Hope is what anchors my faith in Christ Jesus as LORD.  If I had no hope then what would I have to remain faithful to?  

We need hope, but not just any kind. I believe there are two types of hope; "hope so hope" and "know so hope."  If my faith is focused on a "hope so hope" then chances are it will end in a "No so hope."  

Are you confused yet?   Let me explain.  "Hope so hope" is a hope that is focused on your desires and passions.  For example I may say things like this "I hope to make a lot of money", "I hope to never fail", "I hope this relationship works out this time",  "I hope I never get hurt again", or maybe "I hope I win the lottery."  

All of these hopes are really no hope at all, the are wishes and desires.  These are the things we think we want and think we need.  Usually the things we hope for out of selfish desire and ambition end up as a "no so hope".  They just don't happen and if they do they don't produce what we hoped for to begin with.  

"Know so hope" is the only hope that is certain.  "Know so hope" is found in the promises of God.  These are the hopes that will happen and will not fail.  Eternal life through Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior is the ultimate "know so hope" for those who have accepted Him as Lord.  

Can I challenge you to search God's word and discover the countless "know so hopes"?  In God's word you will find the hopes you really truly hope for.  Hopes like peace, joy, gladness, love, purpose, direction, assurance, strength, and so much more.

Just say no to the "hope so hopes" before they say no to you.  

Romans 8:24 For in this hope we were saved.

#God #Godsword #jesus #jesuschrist #christian #savior #bible #bibleverse #scripture #Godsnotdead #hope #faith


No comments:

Post a Comment