Saturday, January 18, 2014

Excited!

Have you ever gotten excited when you did something for someone else? I mean really excited to the point you couldn't wait for them to find out so you could see the expression on their face or their reaction.  You were excited because you knew how much more excited they were going to be.

Years ago my wife was getting really down and missing her family.   We lived in Arkansas and they lived in Colorado.  I decided one day to plan a surprise vacation just for my wife.  I called her boss and had her schedule the time off but also leave Carri on the schedule so she would suspect anything.  The day we were to leave I had packed everything.  I packed my stuff, her stuff, all the kids things and had the van loaded and ready to go as soon as Carri came home from work.

I'll never forget the look on her face and the excitement she showed.  It was all priceless and worth every effort.  It was also funny because Carri didn't believe me that it was true.  She kept asking over and over again "are you serious? Are we really going? Are you messing with me?"  This went on for hours until finally halfway to Colorado it hit her that it was all true and I had done it all for her.  She was so happy with me!

Have you ever stopped to realize that we will have that same opportunity with Jesus?  What we do in this life for Him is what we need to be excited about.  Excited because of the anticipation of seeing Him smile, seeing the expression on His face, experiencing the Joy He will express because of what we have done for Him.

One of the greatest gifts we can present to our Lord is who and what we have done to lead others to salvation.  Also who and what we have done to leads others and ourselves through sanctification.  

Who will you present to Christ on that day?  What will you present to Christ on that day?  Will you be excited about it?  I hope so.

1 Thessalonians 2:19-20 for what is our hope, our joy, or our crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you? Indeed you are our glory and joy.

May I encourage you to get excited and start preparing now for who and what you will present to Jesus Christ on the day you meet him face to face?

No comments:

Post a Comment