Friday, January 17, 2014

How do you get the word of Christ to richly dwell in your heart?

How do you get the word of Christ to richly dwell in your heart? 

As for me, I first take time to pray and ask God to speak truth to me, to reveal the wisdom and understanding He desires me to have, and to remove whatever needs to be removed in my life so that I will not be distracted or misled.  I ask for the fullness of His wisdom to be revealed to me.  After I pray,  I then have quiet time to read, digest, and meditate on His Scriptures.  When I finish my quiet time, I then intentionally apply the Lords truths to my life.  I allow God's words to change who I am and what I do.  

I have discovered that the more I intentionally enrich my life with Christ's words the more richly His blessings and promises become.  By this His peace and blessings become so much sweeter, His presence becomes more powerful, His words become much clearer, His will for my life becomes more understanding, His purpose for my life becomes my deepest passion, and my love for Him dwells so much deeper. Everything about The Lord is magnified, glorified and intensified in ways beyond human understanding when the words of Christ dwell richly within your soul.  

Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly...

May I encourage you to enrich your life with God's Holy word?

#godsword #godspromise #god #bible #bibleverse #scripture #blessings #richly #jesus #jesuschrist #christ #christian #worship #praise #prayer #meditate 

No comments:

Post a Comment