Monday, January 20, 2014

Our Abba Father, the One and Only

When was the last time you needed advice, comfort or even encouragement and did not know who to turn to?  Or maybe you had no one to turn to.  Was it frustrating? Did it make you feel lonely?  Was it depressing realizing you really had no one to turn to? Did you pray and ask God to put someone in your life?  

Truth is if you are in Christ you are never alone.  You always have someone to turn to.  Sure we all want that tangible relationship with someone we can confide in.  There is nothing wrong with that.  Have you ever stopped to realize that Jesus Christ is greater than tangible?  As a matter of fact Jesus is the greatest relationship we can have He is the best of the best, the greatest of all.  

There is not one person who can out empathize, out sympathize, out advise or out comfort The Lord Jesus Christ.  Sure God allows others to be his hands, his feet, his comfort, his words, his encourager, but there are times when Jesus wants to be the only one.  

I believe there are times when no one else can be found because my savior loves me so much that He wants to be the one  and only that I need. He wants to remind me that he will meet my needs through others but ultimately it is always He who cares for me. 

As a dad there are times when I have to be the one to comfort and care for my kids.  There are times when my kids don't want anyone else but me. Rest assure, when it seems like no one is there, Jesus is.  I'd bet those are the times when our Abba Father wants you to want only Him to be what you need.

1 Timothy 2:5 for there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men - the testimony given in its proper time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment