Tuesday, January 21, 2014

God is not Dead

I am going to be honest about something when I was a new Christian.  Aside from what the Holy Spirit was doing in my life, I was believing in a historical Jesus.  What I mean is; I viewed Christ like many other historical figures like Abraham Lincoln.  I knew Jesus lived, died, and rose back to life but I didn't grasp the concept that He was very much a part of this world and life as he was when he was in the flesh.  

I remember times of thinking and even asking God to reveal the physical Jesus.  Wishing I had lived in the past when I could see him face to face.  Has anyone else ever wish there was still Jesus in the flesh in this world? 

Although my desire was pure, it was sad as well.  Pure because I hungered to see Christ face to face.  Sad because I limited who Jesus is by space, time and material.  I had a taste and hunger for the historical Jesus, but did not grasp the eternal, omnipresent Jesus.  I was missing out.  In my own way I was really serving a dead Savior.  That is no savior at all.

Sure living with Jesus face to face in this world would be amazing! No doubt.  It would be limited as well.  Remember God confined himself to space and time in the physical form. He was only in one place at a time.  If I had what I wished for then wouldn't my access be limited to space and time as well?  Remember there was not real time social media back in that day.

Praise The Lord I have a risen savior who is not defined or confined to space, time or physical restraints.  God is not dead!  He surely is alive!  Because of this I had full access 24/7 at any given place to my Lord and my Savior Jesus Chist!  Where is God?  He is right beside you standing at the door and knocking so that you may choose to let Him in!

1 Timothy 4:9-10 this is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance 10 (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the LIVING GOD, who is the savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.



No comments:

Post a Comment