Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Happy Birthday to me


OK, so today is my birthday… HaPpY BiRtHdAy! to me.  Truth is I really don’t like to celebrate me.  I honestly feel there are much better things to celebrate.  However, in spite of my resistance to having a party on my birthday, I do celebrate my birth.  I am so blessed that the Creator of Life made me.  I am so thankful that He brought me into this world physically so that I could experience Him and His purpose spiritually.

I cannot say I always have felt this way, because I did not.  If you know my testimony, you know about the hardships I went through and dealt with.  You understand why I did not want to live in my younger days. 

For the past 23 years I have reason to celebrate.  My reason is Jesus Christ and the plans God had for me before I was ever formed.  It took nearly 21 years to discover this truth, but when I did, my soul literally came alive!

So for my birthday, I want to thank the LORD God, His son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.  I want all the praise, glory and honor to go to the one who brought me life.  I thank the LORD for the gift of hardship, pain and suffering because that is what it took to lead me to Him.  It is my past that He used to make me who I am today.

I celebrate my born again life because He lives!  May my life be the gift of appreciation and thanks that the LORD God deserves.  I do not ask for gifts for myself, however I will ask for your prayers.  Please pray for me as I intentionally and purposefully seek God’s will and plan for my life each and every day.  I don’t ever want to miss out on His great and amazing adventure, making disciples in Jesus name!

 


Philippians 1:21 For me to live is Christ and to die is gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment