Saturday, June 1, 2013

Jehovah Rapha Will Heal Your Broken Scarred Heart:


Ok, so I was reading out of the book of Deuteronomy today for my quiet time.  In chapter 29 I was reminded of a scar I have.  When I was little I had kidney surgery that left a rather large scar on my abdomen.  Odd place because most scars for kidney surgery are on your side.  Mine however is across my abdomen.   That scar reminds me of the problems I had as a kid, and all that was associated with the kidney problems I had.  I wet my pants day and night, I had surgery, I was bullied because I pee’ed my pants often, and on and on.  I won’t go into details because I have shared all of this in my testimony through status on my blog, Google+, and HOPE for the Hopeless Facebook page.  I will say this, that scar reminds me of a lot of other scars in my life.

Have you ever stopped to think about the scars in your life?  I am not just talking about physical scars.  I am talking about emotional and psychological scars as well.  Scars that maybe you had no control over and maybe scars you brought upon yourself.  Maybe your scars have to do with abuse, mistakes you made, accidents you had, regrets, anger, lies, bitterness, strife, addictions, failures, disasters you may have faced, and the list can go on and on.  Maybe these scars have kept you from trusting God, maybe they have prevented you from experiencing the LORD’s presence, and maybe they have kept you from trusting Jesus Christ.

 I don’t know what your scars have done to you, but I do know some of my scars became calloused and hard.  Many of my scars kept me from trusting the LORD Jesus Christ.  There are scars in my life that left me with pain on a daily basis.  I have physical scars, emotional scars and even psychological scars.  These scars affect my appearance, my mind and my emotional well-being.  Many of them have one thing in common, they hardened my heart.  With a hardened heart, I am kept from experiencing the healing power that the living God the LORD Jehovah Rapha (The Lord is my healer) can offer me.  Through His healing, He has brought me life and set me free from the scars of my heart.

The picture is our DRAMA QUEEN puppy Maddie, she was sick last winter from too much snow exposure. 
 

Deuteronomy 30:6 The LORD your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live.

May my life be the proof and evidence of Christ’s Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment