Monday, February 11, 2013

Are You "UN" Guilty?


Have you ever not done something and regretted it?  Like not get your oil  changed, and then your car broke down.  I bought a car once from a neighbor.  He was kind of a tight wad so he skimped on oil changes.  I did not know any better so I never check the oil before buying the car, let alone ask about service history.  Well guess what? The next day, the cars engine froze because it had no oil in it.  Very costly "not doing" a $30 oil change cost a couple thousand dollars.  Fortunately my neighbor was gracious and have me my money back and that covered the repairs to the car.

Here is the deal for Christians, we are guilty of "Un's" lots and lots of "Un's." the unbowed knee, unrepentant sin, unfriendly attitude, unconvicting heart, unfaithful worship, unfilled church pew, unopened bible, unconfessing tongue, and so many more "Un's." yep we are guilty totally without any excuse "Un" guilty.  

Unlike my car, the repercussions of our guilt is far more than money.  Our guilt leads to moral failure, social failure, spiritual failure, and even the loss of savable souls.  This isn't a broke down car that can be fixed or replaced it is a life, a priceless life that could be lost for eternity.  It's time for the "Un" sins to come to and end.  It's time for Christians to step up and do what they already know they should be doing.  I don't know about you, but I don't ever want to be "Un" guilty again.  

Heading out on medical mission.
Providing care for those who
otherwise would never get it.


James 4:17 
Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do 
and doesn't do it, sins

May my life be the proof and evidence of His love!

No comments:

Post a Comment