Monday, February 18, 2013

The Sabbath, keep it Holy or perish spiritually

My heart is so burdened for those who say they love the LORD yet they refuse to attend church on Sundays. I understand some people can't attend because of health issues and even at times work obligations.  I'm talking about those who can, but have excuse issues.  God specifically said remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.  That means we are to gather in His house and worship Him.  We are to devote the Sabbath day to the LORD.  God never said you can devote the Sabbath on your terms and your definition. It was, and is, and will always be on His terms if you intend on keeping it Holy.  In doing so, God will not only reveal himself to you, He will make you holy. He will keep you spiritually alive!

I can't help but notice, those who can but don't attend church on Sundays always seem to be fading, dying in their spiritual walk.  The further from the Sabbath they get, the further from holiness they become.  Now I am not judging, I am just simply making an observation based on the evidence expressed by those who have chosen to walk away.  All you have to do is read their tweets, follow their status's, and view their instagrams.  I even hear it firsthand in personal conversations.  

Are you one of the many who can honestly say to yourself, "I do feel like I am dying spiritually.  I am not where I use to be."  I have a suggestion, remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.  Your bed, your couch, your boat, your deer stand, your favorite restaurant, wherever that place is, if it is not Gods house, it is not Holy.  Understand this as well, not every church is God's house.  Only those who truly worship the living God and bring honor and glory to Jesus Christ his son.  If their sermons are not pointing you to the cross, you may want to consider finding a Holy house that does. Whatever you do, don't avoid the Sabbath because you think others are hypocrites.  At least they are in church where the LORD can speak to their hearts.  



This is a picture of a church outside
our hotel in Granada, Nicaragua at night


Exodus 31:12-14 
Then the LORD said to Moses,13 "Say to the Israelites, 'You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the LORD, who makes you holy.14 " 'Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it must be put to death; whoever does any work on that day must be cut off from his people.

May my life be the proof and evidence of His love!

No comments:

Post a Comment