Friday, February 1, 2013

Sometimes I Just Need to be Still and Know He is LORD

For the past few months, we have been baby sitting a little boy named Jesse.  He is a little over a year and a half old.  Jesse has been such a blessing to our family.  Two of our two oldest girls have graduated high school and have moved off to college.  We still have two other children at home. It seems like life is flying by and our babies are growing up so fast and moving on.  I sure do miss the days when my kids were little and so much easier to cuddle in my arms.  Jesse has been that blessing for us.  The more time I spend with him the more I want grandkids.  In God's timing of course.
So today I was pondering what to write about on the blog and felt entirely blank.  Writters block I guess you could say.  Then It came to me as I was thinking about Jesse.  Jesse loves to cuddle especially when he is tired.  Usually I have to rock him, pat his back, and even rub his head.  That usually does the trick and he falls asleep.  The other day, that was not working.  The more I rocked, the more I patted, and the more I rubbed his head the more restless he became.  I knew he was exhausted, not feeling well and needed sleep.  I sat down on the floor, flipped Jesse onto his back and laid him against me.  Very quietly,  I just rubbed his belly in complete silence.  Within a few minutes Jesse was sound asleep.
For whatever reason, that day all Jesse need was to be still.  He did not need the rocking, the patting, or even any humming.  All he needed was to be still. 
In my walk of faith, I feel like I always need something to keep me going.  A verse, a message, an inspiring song, revival, a mission activity, hear the voice of God, an encouraging word, just something tangible.  There are also times I feel so desperate for that one thing from God at that momement,that day, or even that season.  Desperately searching and only hearing satan speak lies into my mind. Then I become restless and aggitated.
When I come to that place of restlessness and aggitation, I have to remind myself to be like Jesus.  What did Jesus do when satan spoke lies? Well for one He quoted scripture and two, He spoke this simple command "Get behind me satan, you do not have in mind the things of God."  But thats not all......  no this is not an infomercial.  Jesus sought solitude, a quiet place.  I can go to my quiet place, be still, and know He is LORD.  Just like Jesse, sometimes I just simply need to be still and quiet.  That is when I am at rest in the arms of my LORD and Savior Jesus Christ.



Pslam 46:10
 "Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

Matthew 16:23
"Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me;
you do not have in mind the things of God,
but the things of men."

May my life be the proof and evidence of His love!

No comments:

Post a Comment