Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Alligator Urgency:

 Several years ago when I was about 13 years old, I learned a valuable lesson on acting urgently. I was fishing for bass in a deep canal along some steep embankments. On the opposite side of the canal, in the water was an alligator that was about 8-10 feet long. On top of the embankment above the alligator there was an elderly lady and a young boy about 3 years of age. The little boy got away from the elderly lady then slipped and fell down the embankment and then into the canal not far from where the alligator was. Immediately I threw my fishing pole down, dove into the water, swam across the canal and rescued the helpless toddler. Not once did I consider the dangers of the alligator. The only thing I remember thinking was; if I do not go now that boy is going to die.
 


 In light of the recent tornadoes and other tragedies that have abruptly and unexpectedly taken numerous innocent lives we ought to be thinking urgentl...y. Don’t you think it is time for Christians to start running and stop waiting? The truth is; other people’s lives depend on it.

I Corinthians 9:24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such way as to get the prize.

May my life be the proof and evidence of Christ’s love!

No comments:

Post a Comment