Saturday, April 6, 2013

A Life Worthy of Boasting in The Lord!

Today, I just want to say Thank you! I want to thank My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for what He has done. By going through illness, bullying, depression, addiction, suicidal thoughts, death of loved ones and friends, Huntington's disease with my wife and so many other difficulties God has made me who I am today.

He truly does bring about hope into your life. Through Him we find our purpose, we discover the meaning of life, and we become His hands and feet. The one word that sums it up the best is alive. He makes us come to life spiritually; He proves He is alive to others in and through us, and He will keep us living eternally. I live a life no longer dying, but a life that is becoming more and more alive each day. Because Christ lives, I live.

If you follow me and read my writings I hope you understand; what I share is not about me but What Christ has done for me, in me, and through me. May what I say always point to Jesus Christ and His glory. My prayer will always be that my life will be the proof and evidence of His love. My Hope is that everyone who follows my writings or even knows me personally will be encouraged, inspired, and ultimately accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Not because of me, but because they have seen a reflection of the living savior through me.

We all want things like hope, peace, joy, purpose, love, strength, the feeling of being alive. I assure you; Jesus Christ truly is the gift we all desire and so much more. I will continue sharing in the days to come what God has done in my life. The testimony has only just begun.

Yesterday we had a celebration/memorial service for a 15 year old boy that was a member of the youth group I minister to. Clay Thornton Maples slayed a Goliath size giant named leukemia on march 30, 2013 at 8:09am. Clay fought this battle for nearly 2 years facing thing most of us never will. Never once losing hope or ever questioning why. Clay demonstrated the faith and fortitude of David as he slayed the philistine giant with a sling and a stone.

You may be asking if Clay passed away, then how did he slay the giant. It's simple, cancer never took life from Clay. Through the entire battle, he never lost hope, never doubted his faith, and he never showed fear. When the battle was finished, Clay simply took the hand of The Lord and stepped into heaven. Clay fought a battle that literally people around the world had seen. He demonstrated a hope, a faith, and a life that only could have been lived in and through a living God.

Cancer did not take Clay's life, Clay gave his life to Jesus Christ long before leukemia ever had a chance. We now have the assurance and comfort of knowing that this young man of faith has a life and body that has been completely restored. He spent this Easter praising and worshipping Jesus face to face. Clay lived a life and won a battle worthy of boasting in the LORD!

If you feel that my God story has encouraged and even inspired you in anyway, consider liking it, Google+ it, recommending it, or just simply sharing it with anyone you desire.

The picture is a sunrise over the Haleakalā volcano in Maui. I took it in march 2010.

May my life be the proof and evidence of His love,

2 Corinthians 10:17 But, "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."



1 comment:

  1. inspiring testimony may the Lord use you as channel of blessing to many.

    ReplyDelete