Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Good v. Evil, the Spiritual Battle

I willingly stepped down from my management position and accepted a staff medic job. My new position was a a 12 hour shift working 3 days one week 4 days the next. Not too bad, it gave me more days off to enjoy family. My partner, was a young very attractive brunette. She was energetic, and a little on the wild side. Most guys were attracted to her and found her very fun to be around.

Good v. Evil, that was the bet going on. Most people put their wages on evil. I was well known for my christian faith that being the good and my partner was better known for being wild that being the evil. I'm pretty sure there was a few co-workers who hoped that I would stumble and fall. Their prayer was that I would give in to temptation and have an affair. Ultimately ruining my credibility as a christian and my name.

Here is what the gamblers didn't know, God blessed me with a wife. My wife is my prize and I am perfectly happy at home. As far as having a lustful eye, God blessed me with lustful blindness. I see far beyond the superficial outward beauty, I see the heart. When it came to my new partner, sure she was beautiful young lady, but she was very broken and hurt on the inside.

Just saying for those ladies who are blessed with outward beauty, it is also a curse. A curse because many men can't get past the outside and view you as a challenge. They will do and say anything they can to capture you and use your body. I call them predators. If a man can not appreciate your beauty on the inside first, then he is not worthy of a relationship with you. Your body is a gift from God, and God wants to give that gift to the man He has chosen for you. Protect it.

Within no time at all, my new partner became a good family friend. My wife loved her and so did my children. As our friendship grew, I began to learn how right I was about her hurt and broken she was feeling inside. She began to share about the abuse she faced throughout her life. Physical, sexual, verbal, all kinds of abuse. Her number one perpetrator was her father.

Our family began to minister to her. I would listen at work, I would give advice, most of all I encouraged Christ. She began coming to church with us and over time she began to see who God was. It was during a revival service with Ron Herrod when she gave her life to Christ. That is when healing began. The healing process was painful for her, but God was now on the inside where He could work best in this hurt broken life.

As far as good v. evil, God won! In my next post I will share more about the pain and how God acted in a divine way. You will not want to miss the next post. There was definitely a battle going on and it was spiritual for sure.

The picture is not my partner, this pretty girl is Allison. She is absolutely one of the most beautiful people I know. She is my Hero in the Faith. I am so blessed to know her. If you ever want to experience God, you should meet her.

Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

May my life be the proof and evidence of Christ's love!

No comments:

Post a Comment