Monday, April 1, 2013

Absolute Truth in an Absolute God

OK, so I shared in my last two posts how I figured out who God was. But there is more than just figuring out what you think is true. When things are left to interpretation and personal preference, then there is always room for error.

Relative truth seems to be a common theme for today's society. Relative truth basically says each and every person is right even if they do not agree with one another. Honestly, I can't help but think that relative truth has to be an absolute lie. Everything can't be true. I know I am right because relative truth says that I am right, there is no wrong in relative truth. So If I believe there is no gravity, then does that mean I can just leap into the sky and fly? When it comes to God, relative truth is not good enough for me now and it was not good enough for me then.

Relative proof was not good enough for me because I was searching for the absolute truth. That is why I tried and experimented with all the things I did. It was clearly evident that I had been searching for truth in all the wrong relative things. How did I know? Well everything i had been trying only offered temporary satisfaction and relief. When the relief subsided, more pain and greater suffering followed. Nothing positive lasted in things I tried. Relief was only brief and temporary at best. The negative effects were absolutely evident, and confirmed by the condition of my heart.

Ask yourself; "Are the things you are doing working? Do they have a lasting positive impact on your life?" Is your life the way it is now working for you? Do you truly have HOPE when you face HOPELESS situations? Do you really have peace in peace-less situations? What is the best way to determine absolute truth? Face the extreme. Don't believe in gravity? Try jumping out of an airplane, you will figure out the absolute truth the moment you hit the ground. Want to know what absolute hope and absolute peace feel like, experience a truly hopeless peace-less event in your life.

I figured out who God was, and the absolute truth became clearly evident by a new life. God literally changed me from the inside out. All the pain, hurts, suffering, depression, addictions, guilt shame.....gone. This was not a emotional or spiritual high, this was a life changing life altering event in my life. God promised His Holy spirit to those who are in Him. Romans 8:16 "The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children." I am not who I was, I am now who He has made me. I have not jumped out of an airplane without a parachute, but I have faced some extreme trials and difficulties since the time I gave my life to Christ. What became true the day I accepted Him as my Lord and Savior, has remained true even up to this day, 20+ years later. There has been plenty of tests and opportunities for my faith to fail, but that simply just has not been so.

So forget about relative truth, how about trying the absolute? I have heard and experienced the absolute effects and presence of God in my life and in and through the lives and testimonies of people around the world. God will absolutely come into your life and absolutely bring you peace, hope, purpose and all the other fruits He promises when you accept His invitation to become your Lord and savior.

The picture is of my buddy Tom and I. We were dressed as "Super Heroes" at church camp. Both of us absolutely had no extra powers or the ability to fly in spite of the capes, hats, cool shades, and high voltage.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

May my life be the proof and evidence of Christ's love!

No comments:

Post a Comment