Saturday, October 6, 2012

Intro...

Well here we go....


     I really have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to blogging, but I feel like God has put it on my heart.  I can't help but feel that God wants to use the story of my life to show others who He is.  As a metaphor, I like to compare God's work to the wind.  We can not see the wind, but we can certainly see and feel its effects.  We can't see God, but we can certainly see and feel His effects.  We are surrounded by His effects everyday and we miss it.  Why do we miss it? because we are looking for the Him in the great big obvious things, like answers to our commands as we tell Him what to do, we look for him in miracles, we look for Him in ways that make national and international news, we look for the things that we have set our minds on.  Elijah did not find God in the powerful wind, nor the earthquake, or even the fire.  Elijah heard God in the still small voice. 


I Kings 19:11-12 The LORD said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by." Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. 12 After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.


     As I start this Blog, I plan on telling my story and allowing God to use my still small voice to reveal who He is and the Hope He gives.  My story is not earth shattering, but it is real.  I have experienced hopelessness to the point of wanting to commit suicide.  Thankfully Hope found me before it was too late.  The picture, yea thats my beautiful family from a few years ago.  I love the picture so I thought I would share it.

I encourage you to READ my other posts,they tell the whole story.
 You will see how I found HOPE not in religion, but in a relationship with the living God.



May my life be the proof and evidence of His love!

2 comments:

  1. Honored to be the first to comment on your new blog. I have seen God honored and glorified through the modern technology of blogging. It's just another tool He can use if you honor Him with your words. I think it is important to let the world see that we Christians are certainly nothing but sinners saved by His Grace and Mercy.

    People like to see that we are "real" people, not perfect, but always striving to live our lives so Jesus might be brought to mind through our words and our actions!

    Blogging can be used for good and for evil. Bill, I know your blog will be used for good!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope for the hopeless. I like that! I agree with His Doorkeeper. Our words can be used for good or evil. We can tear people down or we can build them up. To God be the Glory forever and ever. I too write on a blog at lightourworld.com Feel free to visit. I write on Christ and family oriented topics. I write about all sorts of things and attempt to keep it real. Merry Christmas one and all.

    ReplyDelete