Saturday, October 20, 2012

She Said Yes!

Shortly after Carri and I had made amends, we both quickly realized that we were meant to be together.  More than just friends.  We had a bond that just seemed so natural, like it was meant to be.  Although we had our issues and our differences, we had a connection than ran deep into our core.  To me we were soul mates chosen before time by some celestial being or goddess. 

     I made the investment, I bought the ring.  I had all kinds of romantic plans on how and when I was going to pose the big question and present the diamond ring.  Candle light dinner, romantic music, have the ring delivered on a silver platter, maybe just simply get on my knee at sunset on the beach.... I had lots of ideas. But before I knew it, excitement got the best of me.

     We were driving home form Boca Raton Florida and we had just pulled on to the Sawgrass Expressway into Coral Springs.  I was excited, nervous, shaking, voice quivering, sweaty.... Carri gently asked me "are you OK?"  immediately and sharply I barked back "NO!" Then I pulled my Isuzu pickup off the road rather abruptly, Carri's eyes got as big as a full moon and fear struck her face.  I told her to get out of the truck and she almost freaked out.  She had thought I had lost it and was about to go crazy.  After she had exited my truck, I pulled the seat forward and retrieved the gold and diamond ring.  I rushed over to her side of the vehicle, got down on one knee and said "I can't stand this anymore, I can't wait any longer....will you marry me?"  After the shock wore off, tears streamed down both of our faces and she said "YES!"  



Up above: That is me and my Bride! 
21 years + Yea Buddy! 



     That day, that yes was a defining moment for my life.  I didn't realize the impact it was going to have at the time, but I knew I had been given a gift.  This gift could never have been created, planned or prearranged by just any celestial being or even a make believe goddess at that.  It was obvious that Carri was a part of me and I of her.  We would soon become husband and wife and our lives would soon merge together as one. 

     God did not just plan for me to marry some girl, He planned for me to marry Carri before either one of us were ever born.  Because of this I have faithfully prayer for my children's spouses ever since each of them were born. My eldest child Mackenzie was recenlty married in May of this year.  There is no doubt that Morgan is the man I had been praying for all these years. 

Genesis 2:24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

Down below:
 That is me marrying my princess Kenzie
 to our answered prayer, Morgan.


May my life be the proof and evidence of His love!

1 comment:

  1. Its really good to be here on the Monday morning.
    A wonderful meaningful and purposeful blog.
    I just joined in. I am here via my g+ friend Alex Smith.
    Keep up the good work.
    Keep inform
    Best Regards
    Phil
    PS:
    Hi,
    Kindly remove the word verification from here. Its really an irritating one, some times one needs to do it several times. If removed from here your readers those who wants to post a comment can do it very easily.
    Go to the dashboard and do it
    Best Regards
    Phil

    ReplyDelete