Wednesday, October 17, 2012

You will figure out who God is


     Carri became my god.  Our relationship was not your typical fairy tale, or was it?  I guess you can decide as my story unfolds on this blog.  Just remember, the purpose of me sharing my testimony is how I found hope in the midst of hopelessness.  As my life story unfolds, you will see how it all came together.  I hope it will encourage and inspire people around the world and that many will find the hope that I have found.  This hope will turn your life upside down, in a good way. 

     Our relationship was typical for most teenagers, except for one interesting fact.  Carri and I always remained best of friends.  We had our ups and we had our downs.  We dated off and on over the years.  The biggest problem I had: I made Carri my god.  No, I did not worship her religiously, but I did allow her to become my reason to live.  I liked what was happening in my heart and being a part of who she was.  Like I had said before, she was different.  There was something so special; it was real and not a show. Whoever she was on the inside is what I wanted the most.  Wanting that meant, I had to have her.

      We had our fights, we had our breakups, e had our hopes and our dreams.

      Frankly, the thought of losing Carri to another guy was devastating and heartbreaking.  I honestly did not think I could live without her.  Then, it happened.  She began dating another guy.  My world came crashing down.

     Carri's mom, Sandy, was like a second mom to me.  I so clearly remember her advice.  She asked me if I loved her daughter.  I said "yes".  She said, "I don't like the guy she is dating right now, I like you."  She went on to say that who Carri was, dating was Carri's choice, even if she did not agree.  Then she said this "if you want to win my daughters heart, you will figure out who God is."    It was this statement that made me realize, there has to be something greater. His name is God, but who was He? Carri was not a god; she was only a reflection of who He was.  At this point, the slow journey began to figure out who God really was.  This journey was not without hurts and failures, but its rewards would come in His time.    

Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
The Cotter Railroad Bridge above the White River.
 
May my life be the proof and evidence of His love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment