Tuesday, March 26, 2013

God Used Her Yes To Lead Me Right To Him

Shortly after Carri and I had made amends, we both quickly realized that we were meant to be together. More than just friends. We had a bond that just seemed so natural, like it was meant to be. Although we had our issues and our differences, we had a connection than ran deep into our core. To me we were soul mates chosen before time by some celestial being or goddess. I say that because at this point in my life I still had not figured out who God was.

I made the investment, I bought the ring. I had all kinds of romantic plans on how and when I was going to pose the big question and present the diamond ring. Candle light dinner, romantic music, have the ring delivered on a silver platter, maybe just simply get on my knee at sunset on the beach.... I had lots of ideas. But before I knew it, excitement got the best of me.

We were driving home from Boca Raton Florida and we had just pulled on to the Sawgrass Expressway into Coral Springs. I was excited, nervous, shaking, voice quivering, sweaty.... Carri gently asked me "are you OK?" immediately and sharply I barked back "NO!" Then I pulled my Isuzu pickup off the road rather abruptly, Carri's eyes got as big as a full moon and fear was all over her face. I told her to get out of the truck, she almost freaked out. She had thought I had lost it and was going crazy. After she got out of my truck, I pulled the seat forward and retrieved the gold and diamond ring. I rushed over to her side of the vehicle, got down on one knee and said "I can't stand this anymore, I can't wait any longer....will you marry me?" After the shock wore off, tears streamed down both of our faces and she said "YES!"

That day, that yes was a defining moment for my life. I didn't realize the impact it was going to have at the time, but I knew I had been given a gift. This gift could never have been created, planned or prearranged by just any celestial being or even a make believe goddess at that. It was obvious that Carri was a part of me and I of her. We would soon become husband and wife and our lives would soon merge together as one.

I share this story because I am certain that this was all in God's plan in revealing himself to me. God put Carri in the center of it all and she never even really knew it at the time. God was using her to lead me to Him.

God did not just plan for me to marry some girl, He planned for me to marry Carri before either one of us were ever born. Because of this I have faithfully prayed for my children's spouses ever since each of them were born. My eldest child Mackenzie was recenlty married in May of 2012. There is no doubt that Morgan, her husband, is the man I had been praying for all these years. Just like me and my children, God has someone chosen already for each of us if we are to be married. Trust Him in bringing the two of you together. You don't want to settle for less, I promise.

The picture, yea that's me and my amazing godly wife! Just wait, you won't believe the testimonies and how God is using our marriage! I won't say much right now, but I will say this; God has blessed us with what many people call a curse. It's name is Huntington's disease.

Genesis 2:24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

May my life be the proof and evidence of Christ's love!

No comments:

Post a Comment