Thursday, December 6, 2012

Daddy Want's You Dead, He Thinks You Are a Curse

 Back to Nicaragua with this testimony.  I have no rhyme or reason in the testimonies I am sharing now.  I am just simply sharing what God has put on me heart each day.  So who knows what part of the world I will be talking about from one day to the next. 

     La Thompson in Estale Nicaragua was one of my favorite sites for missions.  Well actually, all sites are my favorites for different reasons.  I just love serving the Lord and seeing what He is doing where ever I am.  In La Thompson I met a couple little boys and their mother that just simply broke me to tears.  It is times like this that I quickly realize, we as humans are so limited in what we can do.  We have to depend on God and trust in Him beyond our limitations.  Faith, missions, and changed lives is not about us and never should be.  When it becomes about us, we have left people with nothing more than a pleasant memory.  Only God can bring something that truly lasts.

     During the medical clinic, a mother brought her 8 year old son to be seen by the medical team.  Most people come to the clinic for infections, parasites, arthritis pain and things like that.  This little boy was brought to the clinic for a congenital birth defect.  Honestly, I was not completely certain what disease he had.  Here is what I discovered and learned.  This little boy's name is Jose Louis and he had a 4 year old brother named Victor.  Jose had a deformed head, deformed left ear, a webbed neck, defects to his airway and heart defects.  As Jose was growing, his defects posed a greater risk for fatality.  Jose louis will die at a young age without the needed surgery to correct some of the defects he was born with.

     His mother brought Jose to us hoping that we could perform the needed surgery.  Obviously, we could not do that.  I asked about Jose having surgery in Nicaragua.  Here is what the mother told us: "Jose was suppose to have surgery in Masaya several months ago.  His father is a very bad man.  Jose's father refused to let Jose have the surgery and hates Jose because of his birth defects.  He thinks Jose is a curse and deserves to die.  When I argued with him, he threatened to kill me with a knife.  I did not know what to do so I agreed to no surgery.  Then Jose's father said If I ever mentioned or tried to help Jose again he would kill me, Jose and his brother Victor.  Jose's father is a very bad man and he tried to kill me with a knife.  I had to take my boys a flee to Estale for our safety.  We can never go back to Masaya for fear of being killed.  He will do it if he finds us." 

     My heart sank, I was tearful and speechless.  Having to look the mother in the eye and tell her that we could not give Jose what he needed to save his life, absolutely killed me inside.  I just wanted to take Jose home with me and find a doctor who could help him.  While I was explaining to Jose's mom that we could not treat him medically, Victor began to sing.  His voice was like an angel.  I am not kidding, I have never heard a 4 year old sing like victor was singing.  I smiled and then my interpreter informed me that Victor was actually praying.  I was so wowed, it was so beautiful. 

     When Victor was finished singing his prayer, I asked the mom if we could pray for Jose.  Of course she said yes.  We put our hands on Jose and prayed for God's healing hands to touch him and to provide a way for Jose to receive the surgery he need to keep him alive.  When we were done praying, I was writing down some information for Jose's mom to try and help her with her situation.  While I was writing, I felt two little hands touch my head and then I heard the voice of an angel.  Victor began to sing a prayer over me.  My interpreter was interpreting Victor's prayer as best as he could.  Victor prayed something like this; "Lord Jesus our savior, thank you for bringing this man into our lives so he can pray for my brother, I know you have gifted him with your spirit, I pray that you will continue to bless him and use him to reach people around the world.  Give him your spirit so that he will have wisdom to care for people in your name.  Watch over him and protect him and his family so they can continue to serve you through out their days.  Please use him and bless him because he is special and you have given him a gift of your holy spirit, this man will do great things for you because he loves you.  Use him Lord to bring glory unto yourself.  Amen!"  I was broken and humbled like never before.  I was just prayed for by a 4 year old like I have never been prayed for before. 

     What does life really come down to?  Christ, a relationship with Jesus Christ.  Apart from the living God we have nothing, but when we have Christ and nothing else, we have everything.  Paul said it best, for me to live is Christ, to die is gain.


(left) Jose Louis, (Right) Victor

     Please pray for Jose and his family.  I recently was given contact information to a doctor who travels the world and provides life saving surgery for children in need.  I don't know what will happen or even if it is possible.  I will be sending an email today to this doctor concerning Jose Louis and asking God to do what God wants to do.

Philippians 1:21 
For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
May my life be the proof and evidence of his love!

No comments:

Post a Comment