Sunday, December 16, 2012

God Said Go Tell The World



     In November I was blessed to have the opportunity to serve in Nicaragua on a mission trip again.  It amazes me how every time I go,  God shows me something or allows me to learn things about someone else that blesses me even more.  Seeing God work and watching God move in the people of Nicaragua is so amazing.

     During this last trip on the last day, I met a little girl, about 9 years of age that just captured my heart.  She had a glean in her eyes and a smile that just drew you in.  There was just something about her that captivated my attention.  She was a beautiful little girl, but there was more behind her eyes and her smile.  There was something deeper.  

    I first noticed her while she was sitting in a chair patiently waiting for her turn.  I remember thinking, "This girl has a God size story and I want to know it."  I do not know why I thought that, but I did.  

     Finally, after about an hour's wait she was going to get her turn.  I was blessed to be able to receive her as my patient.   My interpreter relayed the mothers request to me for her daughter; "Can we have some vitamins?"  My response was "Yes, now ask why she needs to see a doctor."  Mom replied, "She does not need to see a doctor, she is very healthy.  We are here to share her story.  God told me to come and share because He wants the world to know what He has done."  I thought to myself, "Wow! This is cool.  Yes I want to hear her story."

     Mom began to tell us her little girl's story.   Angelica was born a normal healthy baby and up until she was about 7 years old, everything was fine.  At the age of seven, Angelica began having behavioral problems, problems focusing, paying attention, fall ling down, difficulty seeing, hearing, and then she began to have seizures. They took her to a doctor and discovered she had a brain tumor.  Her only hope was to have brain surgery.  Because the family was very poor and had no means to pay for medical care, Angelica was placed on some sort of a waiting list.  I did not quite understand the waiting list, other than it may have been for a missionary doctor.  

     Angelica's family took their need before the church and asked for prayer.  The church did not just pray, the fasted and prayed.  All of the members of the church took turns each day fasting and praying for God to heal Angelica.  This went on for a few months.  Finally, the day arrived when Angelica was going to get to see the doctor that could help her.  A CT scan was performed and confirmed their fears; Angelica had a very large tumor in her brain.  Surgery was then scheduled for the following week.

     The day of surgery had arrived.  Angelica's mom woke her little girl up and got her ready to go to the hospital.  Before they left, the church members gathered around and prayed for Angelica.  He mother said that Angelica told the church that everything was going to be OK, because Jesus had come the night before and removed the tumor form her brain.  

     When they arrived at the hospital, Angelica was taken back and prepped for her surgery.  While she was being prepped   for surgery, the doctor noticed a very small scar on top of her head.  He thought that was strange because he did not remember seeing it the week before.  He then went and asked mom if Angelica had had surgery before or if she had injured herself.  Mom said no.  

     The doctor then decided it best to have another CT performed before he went any further with the surgery.  The repeat CT scan revealed no evidence of any tumor or surgical procedures.  Angelica was completely healed from that day on.  She has had none of the problems that she had been struggling with. 

This is Angelica
  
     Mom finished by saying, "God wanted me to share this story with you, He said you could share it with the world."  Mom had no idea who I was or what I did.  As far as she new, I was an American doctor.  I proceeded to tell her that I was not a doctor; I was a paramedic and a nurse.  I also shared with her how I had just started blog and people all over the world were reading it.  She had never seen a blog or the internet for that, but she did know what the internet was.  She said, "So you can tell the world just like God said."

Matthew 9:35

Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in

 their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom 

and healing every disease and sickness.


May my life be the proof and evidence of His love!



   

   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment