Friday, December 21, 2012

PRAY for CLAY

Please pray for Clay. He is a boy in my youth group that has been battling leukemia for over a year now. Tonight he is being flown to MD Anderson hospital. There he will be able to receive a medication that will hopefully put him in remission so that he can have a bone marrow transplant. This is very serious time for Clay and his family. I encourage you to share this post and leave comments that I can share with his family.

James 5:14-15 Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord.15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven.

2 comments:

  1. I have a verse to share with his family. I had found it when I was praying hard for life in a boy that many of my friends knew who was hit by a car while skateboarding. and he was unresponsive, and my whole school and 2 other schools just prayed and prayed days on for signs life in this boy. We were thankful that he was saved. But as I was feeling sorrow for his family, I opened my Bible to Colossians, which was what the girl's Bible Study at my school were studying. I came to a verse and couldn't take my eyes off of it, I just broke down in tears because of God's understanding of our pain.

    The verse is found in:
    Colossians 1:11

    and it says,

    "God will strengthen you with his own great power so that you will not give up when troubles come, but you will be patient."

    and another very encouraging verse is:

    Philippians 4:13
    "I can do all things through Christ, because he gives me strength."

    I will pray for him and his family, and I hope that they will be provided with the strength and hope needed to carry on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was spiritually saved, not physically. He didn't make it, but we know that he is praising our Father in Heaven right now. :)

      Delete