Wednesday, December 19, 2012

When You Are Totally Clueless

I was sitting at the table this morning reading my bible and searching for what God wanted me to share today. Honestly I was clueless. I had no idea what to share. Normally it's not that way. So I sat and thought and prayed an still nothing. I read more, thought about it and prayed more and still nothing. I've been reading about Joseph and when his brothers came to Egypt for food because of the famine and how Joseph was able to provide for his family. There is so much good stuff from this time in history. Even with all the good stuff to share I remained clueless as to what God wanted me to share. Have you ever felt that way? Just have no idea what to think, what to say, what to ask for, what to share or what is what. That was me this morning. I was trying to figure it all out with good intentions. Then in my clueless state, I realized, I won't ever have all the answers. I don't have the mind of God, I don't always have God on my mind like I should. God always has me on His mind. If I had all the answers and knew all the plans, then would I still be as dependent on God like I need to be? Most likely I would not. The last several weeks have been pretty stressful with life, time, needs of others, Carri having to work extra so we can pay bills, ministry needs, and stuff. I have felt like I'm living in a fog lately. With that stress increases, worries consume your mind, and your focus on God gets blurred. Now I have not been unfaithful to God, not at all. But I have lost my focus on my dependance on Him because of the fogs and stress in life . Being in a state of cluelessness and not having the answers doesn't make God any less. It makes Him even greater. Even when we do not know God still knows. Just trust Him and experience His greatness as you surrender to His will in the midst of the great unknowns of life. Christ said it best, "not my will but yours be done."
This is a church in Granada Nicaragua.
 

 Matthew 6:8
Do not be like them,
for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
 
May my life be the proof and evidence of His love!

No comments:

Post a Comment